If I wasn’t a nomad, I would… [how to earn extra $$]
There are a few different services I’ve used recently in my travels that have been really fantastic and have got me thinking…
If only I had a house or apartment and a car, I’d get in on this and make some money!!
Plus, I think I’d really enjoy it!
I’m talking about renting our your space and working as a rideshare driver.
Got a guest room or second house? Maybe you’re willing to vacate your whole place for renters (and go travel yourself or just crash with friends)? Get your listing up and welcome in guests!
Perhaps you like working a flexible schedule and already enjoy driving—perfect! Drive when you want and however much you want!
Have your place and your car pay for themselves!
How and Where?
Glad you asked.
While I’m a huge fan and user of the free Couchsurfing network, sometimes couches aren’t available or for other reasons, I just want to rent a place. This is definitely one of my favorite ways of finding inexpensive accommodations, especially in big cities!
- AirBnB—all over the world, with profiles, guest reviews, and ratings. One of the best.
- Sign up and get $25 travel credit toward *your* first reservation of $75 or more.
- VRBO (Vacation Rentals by Owner)—yearly subscription, has been around many years; my guess is it serves a slightly older crowd than AirBnB.
- Wimdu—a relatively new company, adding new places all the time
These aren’t in every city yet, but both companies are working on that. In my opinion, these services are SO much more reliable, comfortable, and pleasant than a taxi—and they cost less!
- Uber—drivers request, you show up, and all payment is handled through the app (price is automatically set)
- Sign up and get $20 off *your* first Uber ride.
- Lyft—similar to Uber, though this offers riders a chance to pay more or less based on a recommended amount
- Sign up and we *both* get a free ride. :)
- Relay Rides—don’t want to drive? No problem. Rent your car (you’re just like the companies at the airport now!)—all drivers are covered with insurance through the site.
Hope these serve you well. Again, I love these services as a traveler and if I ever do get a place or car again, I’ll definitely be doing this.
Have a great rest of your week!