Hello from Wendt Playlot Park!
As I was getting ready to embark on my adventures, I asked friends if they knew people where I was headed. My friend Zoey (in LA) mentioned a cool person to connect with in New York: Laura; alas, while I was in the Big Apple, Laura was not – in fact, she was in California hanging out with Zoey! Wild goose chase, anyone…? :-)
Luckily, Laura decided her birthday gift to herself was a trip to Chicago, which coincided nicely with my stay here. We met up on a sunny and breezy afternoon to have lunch at The Chicago Diner, a vegan restaurant. It’s one of her favorite spots; she enjoyed her “burger” and I enjoyed my salad!
A world traveler in her own right, I was thrilled to connect with Laura! Definitely a kindred spirit for the open road and exploration. It turns out, it was worth the wait to meet her – thanks Zoey…
What we chat about:
- Where she was exactly one year ago (hint: it wasn’t even close to Chicago)
- Why her work is taking her to 7 countries in 6 weeks
- What you didn’t know about her childhood dog, Daisy
More about Laura…
- The work she’ll be doing in the coming months involves documenting the treatment and education regarding HIV with military and other uniformed personnel in South America and the Caribbean. Very awesome!
- Designs by L2: When she’s not traveling the world or saving lives, she also designs customized, fabric purses. (No animal-derived products)
- Travels with Laura: the site that has chronicled her globe-trotting adventures
What’s your takeaway from my chat with Laura? Did you connect with something she mentioned?
I’d love to hear your answer along with any other comments you have below.
Until next time,
Did you enjoy this post? Please like/tweet/share it with your amazing social network – and thank you!