Hello and Welcome Fellow WDS’ers!
Here are a few resources, along with some good stuff from the !
Excited to connect with many of you in Portland!! :)
Healthy Travel Q+A Call
Wondering how to have a healthy conference experience?
Not sure how to travel and feel, look, and BE at 100%?
As someone who has been on the road nonstop for almost two years, I know the challenges, and I’ve found solutions!
Here’s a chat I had all about this with Gregory Berg of RadioEnso.com! (Greg is presenting a talk at WDS on starting your own radio show):
(right-click and select “Save As” here to download)
The episode is about 60 minutes long and here’s some of what we cover:
- Travel as a mental game.
- What to do when you’re on the road and don’t have your healthy routine?
- Content vs. Form: doing something is more important than doing the same thing!
- Dealing with dietary restrictions, diets, and “cheat days”
- Using Pareto’s Principle of 80/20, or the 90/10 Rule
- Creating a positive feedback loop
- The importance of sleep and rest (especially during this conference!)
- Staying active during the sessions and speakers
- As your environment changes, what is your foundation and core?
- Being present with others; creating genuine connections through enthusiasm
- How cultivating gratitude and positivity will draw people to you
- What to do if you get sick
- The healthy way to enjoy Voodoo Donuts!
- Using accountability systems to keep you on track
- We also mentioned Mike Bruny a few times—another WDS’er hosting a talk during the weekend—check him out, too! :)
Keys to Remember:
- Consistency over Intensity!
- Our practices are training us for life, and the work begins today!
The Big Questions:
What is it you know that when you do this activity, you have your greatest days? Might be focusing on nutrition, a certain type of exercise, or meditation. How can you make this a non-negotiable in your life? :)
When on the road, how can you engage your habits and routines the same way as when you’re at home, or find ways to modify? Life is an adventure: have fun out there!!
- What food do you know you’ll need, that will keep you going? Can you pack it or find it at a nearby store (Portland has a Whole Foods right in the NW)? Take 10 minutes, make a list, and then get to Google!
- What exercise are you committed to? Walking, yoga, stretching—doesn’t have to be an hour-long session, just something you can fit in to keep yourself moving!!
- Are you taking time for yourself to rest and rejuvenate? Might be meditation or a quiet walk. Build that time in. Don’t worry—we’ll be here for you when you get back!
- How can you incline your mind to joy? Do you journal in the morning or keep a gratitude log? Rent your mental space to positivity! :)
- What’s the #1 ONE thing that if you started doing would have the greatest positive impact on your life?
- What’s the #1 ONE thing that if you stopped doing would have the greatest positive impact on your life?
- What’s the #1 ONE thing that’s currently working and you’d like to do more of?
- Awesome: now, go do those things! Start laughably small, have fun, and commit! :)
Healthy Living Guide
I also think you’ll dig a copy of Healthy Living: PORTLAND
(right-click and “Save As” to download)
These are guides I created on various cities I’ve visited—all about the healthiest places to eat, play, relax + learn! (see more about them here)
Inside, there are over 80 listings and a link to a Google map with everything identified!
My gift to you. :)
Events and Maps
Be sure to check out the on the Facebook group—lots of “unofficial” WDS fun is popping up!
High five to Katie Benedetto for creating the group!!
The two events I’m hosting are:
- on Friday, 7/6 at 1:00 pm
- : possibly on Friday before kick-off and in the morning on Saturday & Sunday (still TBD); all levels welcome
If you’re not on Facebook and want to attend either of the events, just shoot me an ! :)
Here’s a map with all the major spots identified for our conference—thanks to and Darlene Hildebrandt for creating it!
(click here for the larger view, to save it, and to add more info!)
If there’s something else I can add to this page, or if you want to ask me a question (about healthy travel or anything else), feel free to just !! :)
Looking forward to learning more!